Tuesday 5 August 2014

A more personal kind of blog post.

When I first started my blog, it was only for me. It was just me and my laptop in my little flat at University, writing about things that I love to pass time between lectures. I was just so fortunate enough that people found my blog and liked what they were reading, and over two years later I am still here, 2,000+ followers and over half a million views strong (thank you) and there's nothing I've been prouder of.

One thing that I miss, however, is the more personal aspect of my blog. Before it became more public and I started telling my friends and family about it, many a night was spent rambling through my fingertips about my deepest thoughts and dreams. In some ways I can be quite an introverted person (although I don't really consider myself an introvert); I don't open up to people easily and sadly, I've never had one of those friends who I can call at 2AM for a chat, or invite over at a moments notice, so to me, this was almost like the same thing.

This is why I want to introduce these more personal posts to my blog again; not too often, just whenever I feel like there's something I need to talk about, whether it be something that has happened in my life or something in the news. Lately, I've had a lot on my mind and nowhere to release it, resulting in sleepless nights and miserably slow days. Some of you might think, "but you just said you don't open up to people easily, so why are you writing on your blog which thousands of people might read?", haha. Here's the thing, I don't expect everybody to read these posts and I assume those who do will click because they are interested. One thing that scares me about talking to people about my problems/thoughts is the almost instantaneous reaction that they could give. I don't have to worry about that through my computer screen, but I can still take comfort in knowing that somebody has read what I have to say. That, and since I do have an audience, I like to hope with all of me that talking about some of the topics that I might cover may help somebody else. I know that I wouldn't be doing this without the encouragement from other blogs that I have read. 

Anyway, now that we've gotten all close and personal, I may as well give you a little insight in to myself. Throughout my life, particularly my teens and now my early adulthood, I have been a very anxious person and a massive worrier, whether it have something to do with trusting a person, what others think of me, where I am going in life or even whether that pain in my stomach could be something more serious. This anxiety is probably the thing that I hate the most about myself as, whilst I am usually good at ignoring and hiding it, it has often hindered my overall well-being and happiness. However it is something that I am working on every day. If you follow me on Instagram or my personal Twitter, you will have seen that I post a lot of quotes on there that I have come across which constantly inspire me to have a positive outlook on life, be the best person I can be, help others and quite frankly, just keep my shit together. So, I thought I would share a few of my favourite ones in this post for if anybody should need a pick-me-up (A lot of these have come from Regina Brett's column, "45 Life Lessons and 5 to grow on").

------------------


Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.


Forgive everyone everything.

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Stay in touch with the people who will.



The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.

Follow your heart but take your brain with you.

When life presents you with the opportunity to grow together with someone, you must take it. 


What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?

Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

The best is yet to come.


--------------------

Sorry for such a serious blog post on what I usually like to keep a happy and humorous blog, girls! I promise I'll be back to regular programming from my next post! :)

Frances x




4 comments:

  1. I'm exactly the same - 'opening up'-wise. As well as the typical blog posts, I do want to be able to just ramble mindlessly on here, it's kinda therapeutic if I'm honest! Keep doing what you're doing, and most importantly, what will make you happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I like more personal posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post hun, your blog is a place for you to get all these kinds of thoughts and feelings off your chest and my god - it feels good to do so! I love the collection of quotes too, I've even got a few of them in my notebooks (yeah, it's just a thing I do lol!)

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every single one and they absolutely make my day! I try to answer all questions but please allow me up to 48 hours to do so! If you have a question you want answering straight away, feel free to email me or contact me via Twitter :) x